Career Recruitment – AMREF Flying Doctors Captain Kenyan Jobs
Job Employment Kenya: AMREF Flying Doctors Captain Kenyan Jobs
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Captain Job at AMREF Flying Doctors
Job Ref: AFD/OPS/05-05/2018
Job Grade: Grade D
Physical Location: Inside Wilson Airport, Nairobi
Main Purpose of the Job: Perform as a flight crew on AMREF Flying Doctors’ aircraft and missions while observing the highest safety standards and economic operation and management of aircraft as per company policy
Chief Executive & Medical Director -> Chief Operating Officer -> Chief Pilot -> Captain
Captain Job Responsibilities
- Act as flight crew on AMREF Flying Doctors missions which include outreach flights, medical evacuations and other emergency flights with the highest of safety standards;
- Ensuring that AMREF operates and complies with all laws, rules and regulations of all authorities of each country in which it operates;
- Assisting the Chief Pilots’ office in matters related to flight operations including flight missions in the areas of operation.
- Performing functional checks or maintenance test flights when and as required.
- Providing assistance to the medical crew during medical interventions as necessary
- Understanding of KCARS and familiarisation with trend and monitoring systems both within maintenance and Flight operations.
- And other duties as may be required
Qualifications for the Captain Job
- Must hold a valid Kenyan ATPL with current instrument rating
- Minimum of 3,500 hours flying experience
- Minimum of 2,000 hours pilot in command time
- Minimum of 1,000 hours on jets
- Have a valid Cessna Citation Excel and or Cessna Citation XLS rating/s with minimum of 500 hours on type
- Have a strong understanding of Kenyan Civil Aviation Regulations
- Experience flying under EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) standards is an advantage
- Type rated training captain on Cessna Citation is an added advantage
- Previous experience with aero medical flights is an added advantage
- Good communicator; with good command in English language both oral and written
- Decision making ability and flexible thinking
- High degree of discipline and teamwork
- Ability to think quickly and make decisions
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Commercial/business acumen
- People management
- Time management
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria and have the passion to contribute to the leading African-based Aero Medical and Health Assistance service provider, submit your letter and CV quoting the reference number for the position on the subject line of the email to Vacancies@flydoc.org.
Deadlines for submission is Monday, 14 May 2018.
Feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.
NOTE: AMREF Flying Doctors does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.