Career Recruitment – Kenya Ports Authority Insurance Officer Jobs Kenya
Job Employment Kenya: Kenya Ports Authority Insurance Officer Jobs Kenya
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Principal Insurance Officer Job at Kenya Ports Authority
Kenya Ports Authority is a state corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by an Act of Parliament on 20th January 1978 with the mandate to “maintain, operate, improve and regulate all scheduled seaports” situated along Kenya’s coastline.
Reporting to the Head of Litigation and Disputes the job holder is responsible for discharging the function of steering insurance services to the best advantage of the Authority. In addition, the job holder carries out risk assessment and draws up a risk management programme for the Authority such that residual risks that cannot be managed are transferred via insurance.
Responsibilities for the Principal Insurance Officer Job:
- Identifying assess and developing a risk profile for the corporation
- Advising Management on various changes in the Insurance Industry
- Arranging Insurances for those risks that can be transferred vide insurance
- Confirming the review of the risks and proposing new risks exposures and striking out risks whose relevance has been outdated
- Arranging for inspections and surveys
- Liaising with Insurance Brokers to arrange for independent experts in the case of disputes and attending to dispute tribunals where necessary
- Participating in insurance tenders for awards of covers and advising on the same.
- Representing the Corporation in various insurance forums where the Corporation is requested to participate.
- Reviewing insurance for the various risks
- Liaising with other Departments to get feedback on levels of protection offered
- Ensuring implementation of risk prevention measures recommended by experts
Principal Insurance Officer Job Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance or Actuarial Science or in any other relevant field from a recognised institution
- Master’s Degree in Insurance or in any other relevant field will be an added advantage
- Advanced Diploma of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) or its local equivalent (AIIK)
- Certification in Insurance Discipline including Actuarial Professional Papers
- Member of Association of Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII),
- Senior Management Courses
- ICT Skills
- Thorough knowledge in Port Operations.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Training in risk management
- Demonstrated high degree of professional competency, administrative capabilities and a thorough understanding of Port Operations, relevant policies and regulations within the insurance industry
- 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role in a reputable organization with at least 3 years relevant experience at middle management level
Applicants will also be expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit the following certification:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
If your career profile matches the requirements of any of the above positions, please submit your application with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, experience, present position, e-mail address and mobile telephone number with copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Card on or before 25th May, 2018 to
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ports Authority (KPA),
P.O Box 95005 – 80104,
Mombasa (Kipevu Road).