Career Recruitment – KPA Head of Marine Engineering Kenya Jobs
Job Employment Kenya: KPA Head of Marine Engineering Kenya Jobs
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Head of Marine Engineering Job at Kenya Ports Authority
Kenya Ports Authority is a state corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure established by an Act of Parliament on 20th January 1978 with the mandate to “maintain, operate, improve and regulate all scheduled seaports” situated along Kenya’s coastline.
Reporting to the General Manager – Engineering Services, the job holder is responsible for management of all functions of the Marine Engineering Department, ensuring that quality marine engineering services are offered and that high quality equipment availability is maintained for shipping operations at all times.
Head of Marine Engineering Job Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and controlling through the Principal Engineers all marine engineering activities projects undertaken by the Department
- Allocating duties and supervising Principal Marine Engineers
- Advising Management on Marine Engineering matters and giving leadership in formulating equipment replacement programmes and specifications for acquisition of marine crafts and related engineering equipment.
- Evaluating the needs of departmental staff for training and development
- Ensuring that all operating systems are effected in the department
- Providing specialized advice to the General Manager – Engineering services on all marine engineering matters.
- Enforcing observance of statutory regulations and Insurance requirements for marine crafts and equipment.
- Schedule planned maintenance and repairs of marine crafts
- Developing and maintaining procedures for ensuring the sustenance of classification society standards.
- Participating in tender evaluations
- Maintaining updated records of drawings for projects and alterations undertaken on existing marine craft and equipment
- Requisitioning of marine parts, spares and materials
- Managing outsourced services
- Consulting with The Head of Marine Operations on the performance of various floating Craft
- Ensuring that all operating systems are effective in the department
Head of Marine Engineering Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Engineering or its Equivalent or a Higher National Diploma in Marine Engineering with Class I Marine Engineer’s Certificate of Competency – Unlimited. (Professional)
- Member of a recognised Marine Engineers professional body
- ICT skills
- Senior Management courses
- Sound knowledge of Port Infrastructure and operations
- Demonstrated high degree of professional competency, administrative capabilities in general management and maintenance of Marine Crafts & Equipment
- 7 years’ experience in a similar role in a reputable marine organisation with at least 5 years’ relevant experience at senior management level
Applicants will also be expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit the following certification:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
If your career profile matches the requirements of any of the above positions, please submit your application with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, experience, present position, e-mail address and mobile telephone number with copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Card on or before 25th May, 2018 to
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ports Authority (KPA),
P.O Box 95005 – 80104,
Mombasa (Kipevu Road).